2011年7月13日 星期三

Internet blues

I switched to an intelligent Chinese input method.  It will be very good, but for a while it will be slowing me down greatly, rebuilding the user dictionary for one.

Scribefire switched to using xmlHttpRequest to read a cross platform local file.  It failed miserably when the privilege systems are being tightened in all browsers (except for IE!).  I was left with no alternative in Firefox 5 for Linux.

Blogilo is very good but it doesn't work for Blogger.  So I am not duplicating my blog in all 4 places for the moment.

It is generally believed that duplicating your content will lead to automatic downgrade by search engines, because of spam blogs.  I did that because I wanted to try a new domain name without giving up the subdomain name that I promoted for years.  The latter is secure but the former is possibly subject to attacks.  Also, I have on average a few hits on wordpress.com daily.  That's very few compared to other blogs but that's enough for me to make a copy for these guys.

Posting links in Facebook is very effort saving.  But getting the info into the main blogs automatically is trouble.  On top of that we have been auto reposting blogs into Facebook.  Since Facebook is reluctant to share content, with all the anti-spamming in place in the net, and everybody try to do something their own ways, the Facebook pages are in a mess.  (Dead persons' accounts are still importing content.)  So now we have Scientology Cult (I) for input into Facebook and Scientology Cult II (for lack of a better name) for output from Facebook, and will eventually be put back into Cult (I).  Confused?

Is everybody trying to launch new versions before Google+ goes public (for everybody)?  Because after that, nobody will be paying attention to anything else.

Yahoo mail changed, which is about the only good thing.  It doesn't work probably for me for years.  They are still number one in Taiwan.

Gmail changed and even Blogger changed.  The editor is much better but there is no auto suggestion for the labels.  You have to type in the full label which is impossible for me.  I'm using the new and old Blogger at the same time, at random.

All hell broke loose with Firefox 5.  I used to jump to bookmark and login with one click.  Now nothing works and I have to double the number of clicks.  Which is a lot for my many daily routines, Facebook, Google services, Yahoo services and many more.  Also, for anonymous reasons I do not normally have one account only in each service.

Latest Ubuntu Unity is just crazy.  It is very cool and good, but they throw away the older light weight apps and apps panel.  All at once.  I wasted a lot of time only to find that out.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

公共領域聲明

本網誌作者放棄一切權利,歡迎復印、修改,作任何用途。
請自願附加這網誌的鏈結,使更多人可以看到資料。